Performance Per Match
1. Players Selection - Top 20 for GK and ST. For GK we pick the best top 20 because only one goalkeeper playing during a match for each team and by selecting the best 20, that should already covering all teams in EPL. For ST we pick top 20 because in overall all teams in EPL using one striker and rarely go for 2 strikers. If we increase the number to 40, our calculation will not be accurate enough because the chance to pick non-played player will increase.
2. Ranking - These ranking are based on Premier League player performance in 2015/16 season. For top 20 GK, the best goalkeeper are rank in 51 and the lowest rank are 251.
3. Performance Per Match - These points are reflecting the Fantasy Premier League Point Calculation in 2015/16 season. That is Average, Max, Min points per match for all selected players by position.
4. Performances % - To get the most accurate % for players performance by position of play. We calculate the average performance points, so we will get the most accurate % and the effect from the different number of players selected will not be to big.
TIPS AND THE KEY POINTS:
1. Budget Prioritization - The ranking by position playing important role here. As we can see the best goalkeeper are rank in 51 last season, so if you have the best goalkeeper last season means you have a player that rank in 51 compare to other positions DF, MF, and ST. In DF position if we pick all our 5 defenders from the top 5 last season, all of them absolutely expensive, you are actually picking the players that rank 16-20 in performance ranking last season. So should we overspend our budget on GK and DF? now I think we understand where we should focus our budget.
2. Performance Expectation - Based on these data what the performance expectation for each position? Don't put to much expectation to your goalkeepers and defenders to give you more points than your strikers and midfielders. Above data are the prove that DF and GK will never get more fantasy points than MF and ST in a season.
3. Maximizing Fantasy Point - So from here we understand, to get the maximum fantasy point we must do more rotation for MF and ST and not GK and DF.
4. Potential Captain - Captain selection should be from ST and MF because they score more fantasy points.
1. GK-Goalkeeper, DF-Defender, MF-Midfielder, ST-Striker.
2. Players Ranking and Players Performance Per Match Points are based on 2015/16 EPL season.
Fantasy football budget, where to spend more?
Top 5 Malaysian Strikers GW1-13
Strikers Performance GW1-13